Next 15 April 2014, the Moon will offer an amazing total eclipse, well visible from the US, Central America, Chile, Australia and a few more Countries. The Virtual Telescope Project was asked by many people to plan something, also because April is Global Astronomy Month, so we wanted to meet that request: unfortunately Italy – where our robotic facility is – will not see it.
We had the idea to look for collaborators willing to join this international effort and a few answered: we decided to go! The team making the live event is composed by
- astrophotographer: Joaquin Fabrega Polleri (Asociacion Panameña de Aficionados a la Astronomia, Panama);
- astrophotographer: Gary Varney (South Florida Amateur Astronomers Association, Florida);
- astrophotographer: Fernando Rodriguez (South Florida Amateur Astronomers Association, Florida);
- astrophotographer: Ron Delvaux (Delvaux Observatory, Arizona);
- astrophotographer Marcy Malavasi (Altair , Costa Rica)
- astrophotographer John W. Johnson (Omaha Astronomical Society, Nebraska)
- astrophotographer James McCue (New Mexico)
- coordinator and live comment: astrophysicist Gianluca Masi (The Virtual Telescope Project, Italy).